Cash-flow is essential for all businesses, whether you provide services to consumers or to other businesses, ensuring your credit controllers are operating at the best level possible gives you the cash you need to grow.
The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Advanced Credit Control/Specialist Collections is ideal for any credit controller or debt collector no matter their previous experience.
Lasting 18 months the CSA use a blended approach to learning which includes:
Attendance at workshops
- Structured workplace learning
- Tutorials from experienced tutors
We are also able to 'build in' your internal training in order to save resource and ensure the qualification fully applies to your firm.
Level 3 brochure
Request more info
This qualification is broken down into nine Units.
Unit 1: Collections and your own role
- Identify the policies and procedures you work to
- Understand the values of your organisation
- Understand how to plan your work to meet objectives and KPI’s
- Have a broad understanding of the products and services provided to customers by their organisation
Unit 2: Working in Credit Control / Collections
- Understand the historical development of the industry
- Understand the primary businesses involved in debt recovery.
- Understand the different techniques and collection methods used
- Understand the inherent challenges within the role
Unit 3: Customer Behaviour
- Understand how customers manage their money
- Review the customer journey in own firm
Unit 4: Legislation and Regulation that Governs Collections
- Understand the scope of the legal framework that governs collections.
- Understand the regulatory environment and its impact on own firm.
- Understand how to meet standards and requirements.
- Understand the relationship between the regulatory environment and the customer
Unit 5: Compliance Process Systems
- Understand why it is important that a debt recovery function has to have appropriate compliance process systems in place.
- Understand how compliance process systems can safeguard against external complaints from regulatory bodies.
- Understand the key elements that impact on compliance process systems in relation to data protection that is required by legislation.
- Understand how compliance process systems can help an organisation identify any criminal or suspicious activities.
- Understand the impact of the Limitation Act on compliance process systems when dealing with Statute Barred Cases
Unit 6: Consumer Debt Collection / Credit Control Business Environment
- Understand the importance of the customers profile on the collection process.
- Know how to obtain sufficient information to commence the debt collection cycle in accordance with legislation.
- Identify legal proceedings that can be implemented to recover the debt from a consumer who may not pay their debts.
- Understand the importance of effective communications involved in the consumer debt recovery process to ensure compliance.
- Know why certain third party relationships are necessary.
- Understand the impact that ‘Money Advice’ organisations have on the recovery of consumer debt.
Unit 7: Key Collection Skills
- Listens to understand customer’s circumstances
- Use questioning techniques effectively to fully understand the customer’s financial situation or specialist needs and develop acceptable solutions
- Communicate effectively with customers / colleagues at all levels building rapport and defusing emotive situations.
Unit 8: Debt Collection and Back Office Administration
- Understand the importance of back office administration on the debt collection function.
- Understand the principles of ‘recourse’ business processes and how this administered.
- Understand the administration process in developing legally binding business contracts.
- Understanding the back office administration process for managing an outsourced account.
- Understanding how the back office administration process deals with identified hardship and vulnerable customers.
Unit 9: Customer Service to Customers who are challenging or in vulnerable or potentially vulnerable circumstances
- Understand the delivery of customer service to challenging customers.
- Be able to deal with challenging customers.
- Know how to work within a team.
- Know how to review performance of a team.
- Understand how to support customer service improvements.
- Be able to identify the potential for improvements to customer service.
- Be able to support the implementation of improvements to customer service.
To learn more about CSA Apprenticeships please contact us:
T: 0191 217 3073