Cash-flow is essential for all businesses, whether you provide services to consumers or to other businesses, ensuring your credit controllers are operating at the best level possible gives you the cash you need to grow.
The Level 2 Apprenticeship in Credit Control/Specialist Collections is ideal for those who are new to credit control or debt collection.
Lasting 12 months, the CSA use a blended approach to learning which includes:
Attendance at workshops
- Structured workplace learning
- Tutorials from experienced tutors
We are also able to 'build in' your internal training in order to save resource and ensure the qualification fully applies to your firm.
Level 2 brochure
Request more info
This qualification is broken down into 8 Units.
Unit 1: Key Principles of Credit Control
The origin and types of debt.
How public and private debt is recovered.
The difference between secured and unsecured debt.
The types of business commonly involved in the recovery of debt.
The variances of debt within the debt collection industry.
Differences between FCA regulated debt and other debt.
Define the key elements associated with consumer debt.
Unit 2: Understanding your Own Firm
- The products and services offered to customers by their organisation.
- Understand in detail the products and services you support.
- Understand how your role supports the delivery of these products and services.
- Understand your organisation's procedures when contacting a debtor.
- Understand the standards to be met in using these systems and processes.
Unit 3: Collection Methods
- Be able to classify the different collection methods used within the credit control and debt collection industry.
- Understand the importance of validating credit information prior to entering into a collection arrangement with a debtor
- Be able to describe your organisation procedures when contacting with a debtor
- Understand the different repayment solutions that can be offered to recover and outstanding debt
Unit 4: Legislation and Regulation that Governs Collections
- Understand the scope of the legal framework that governs collections.
- Understand the regulatory environment and its impact on own firm.
- Understand how to meet standards and requirements.
- Understand the relationship between the regulatory environment and the customer.
Unit 5: Collections Skills
- Organise own accounts, completing tasks to required organisational deadline.
- Track individual customer accounts where necessary, taking appropriate action.
- Take ownership through to completion, escalating when required.
Unit 6: Teamwork
- Support colleagues/collaborate to achieve results.
- Build/maintain good working relationships within teams and with other business areas where necessary.
- Demonstrate awareness of their own role in the team and the impact on others.
Unit 7: Customer Service to Customers who are Challenging or Invulnerable or Potentially Vulnerable Circumstances
- Understand the delivery of customer service to challenging customers.
- Be able to deal with challenging customers.
- Know how to work within a team.
- Know how to review performance of a team.
- Understand how to support customer service improvements.
- Be able to identify the potential for improvements to customer service.
- Be able to support the implementation of improvements to customer service.
Unit 8: Own Performance
- Accept feedback and act on it to improve own performance.
- Build own capability through ownership of own development.
- Keep up to date with relevant changes within the business.
To learn more about CSA Apprenticeships please contact us:
T: 0191 217 3073