Codes & Standards
The CSA works for the benefit of those companies active in relation to unpaid credit accounts; debt recovery, tracing and allied professional services. As part of its function the CSA aims to promote best practice throughout the industry and has developed its Code of Practice to which all members must adhere.
This code is now the benchmark for Best Practice in the industry, assuring quality and professionalism in the services members provide.
- Conduct business lawfully
- Conduct dealings with debtors in a fair and reasonable manner
- Maintain a high standard of business practice
- Compete in a fair and reasonable manner
- Ensure all staff are provided with adequate training
- Not discriminate
- Protect the reputation of clients
- Remit monies collected regularly to clients
- Not knowingly misrepresent qualifications, experience and abilities
- Handle debt cases in a fair and reasonable manner
Download Code of Practice and a Complaints form below:
CSA Code of Practice
Printer friendly Code of Practice